Day 3- DIY Iron On Owl Transfer with FREE PRINTABLE

12.03.2011


A friend of mine asked me to design an iron-on transfer that she could use to make tshirts for her neices and nephews. So I got to work. This is what I came up with. Owls are still so hot, so I found it appropriate to do a neutral owl that could be used on boy or girl shirts. Use ricrac or tulle to make a cute tutu for a girl, or sew on a santa hat or candy cane from felt for a boy. The owl doesn't have any clothes so you can put what you want on it!

















The steps for making this are super simple. Use a light colored shirt, white if possible.

1. Print out this pdf  onto an iron-on transfer. You can find them at Walmart or Target. (Please don't sell or use this design for commercial use....personal use only. Thanks.)



2. Cut out the owl and place face down on a white shirt (or bag if you want). Iron on. I found this site to be the most helpful when it came to iron-on transfers.

3. Sew on ric rac. It's that simple! Have fun! I know my daughter sure is!






1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

SO cute!! tHANKS FOR SHARING! :)