char's bedroom

5.14.2010



I got a little carried away and went all out on this one. Well, it was raining and I couldn't go outside and work has been a little slow. I really wanted to get this bedding done ASAP. So, on Tuesday, Char and I went to the Cotton Shop and got all the coordinating fabrics. Then over the past three days I have been busy sewing. I made 2 pillow cases, one with an owl on it. Two smaller pillows, one with a tree on it. And a long legged owl, I named Penny. I don't know why, but it just seemed fitting. (Penny is also the name of my little sister.)





Char absolutely loves it. I got the toddler bed at a garage sale for only $10! And the comforter is actually a Pottery Barn Kids sleeping bag that I took the zipper out of and made into a quilt for Char. It had an embroidered name on it, but I just picked that out and tada! Brand new for only $20! Can't beat that! I found the mirror at a Thrift Store in Canon City, Colorado for only $8. Pretend it's painted white. I still have yet to do that...



I also made a coordinating pennant. I've been wanting to make one for a while now, and now was my chance. I had so much fun doing it. I know that Char will enjoy it for years to come!



And, here's the curly haired wonder. Isn't she the cutest!

No comments: