birth announcements for Shutterfly

1.03.2012


I had so much fun designing these cards. I really wanted to play around with texture. I made some watercolor/acrylic looking textures using original watercolor textures that I painted first, and then using photoshop brushes I finished it. I think they all turned out so cute. And they feel so FRESH compared to what was on Shutterfly's website previously. Way to go Petite Lemon!




The inspiration for this one was found on a felt baby shoe. Too cute huh? I wish I could cross-stitch as well as I can design.


This one took the longest. Do you know how hard it is to recreate lace! Whowza! I made each layer of the lace a separate pattern and then layered them on top of each other. And I also had to make a few different Illustrator brushes to make the lace as well. So difficult!





This one has a linen texture on it too. I found this awesome tutorial on how to make your own linen texture in photoshop.





And here are the baby boy announcements. Tapes are so in right now! Japanese Masking Tape is so fun. You can make so many projects using them too!



I love these next two because it feels so fresh and modern. Don't you agree?