This is a great way to say "I love you" to any one that you may love! It's as easy as 1, 2, 3... well, maybe a few more steps after that...
12 kids blocks
scrap wood, to make the box
razor or scalpel
washcloth or scrap of material-to wipe off stain
paintbrush-to put on stain
letters- I, L, O, V, E, & U
white craft paint
crazy glue or hot glue
1. Start with kids blocks. You will need 12 of them. Then, using a razor or scalpel, cut them up and beat them up to make them look all grunge like.
2. Stain them. I used a darker brown and only stained one side. I did several coats, wiping off after each coat. Allow to dry.
3. Measure your blocks 4 across and 3 down. After measuring, you will need to cut out a box. Make sure that the box fits all around your blocks. I just used scrap wood and cut two pieces that were approximately 4 inches and 2 pieces that were approximately 4.25 inches.
4. Using wood glue, glue your box together. Let dry completely and grunge and stain to your liking. I stained the inside of my box as well.
5. Put blocks in box. If box is measured perfectly, the blocks should be kind of tight. I even had to hammer mine in. If your box is a little big, you may want to glue your blocks together first and then put them in the box.
6. Using a little bit of white craft paint smear it onto your letters. I used some sweet metal letters from We R Memory Makers metal alphabet letters but I noticed they were out of production. I had some left over from a different project. I smeared just enough paint to grunge it up a little, but not cover it. Then I wiped it off.
7. Glue down the letters. I used crazy glue. It was the quickest and easiest.
And, it's finished! Let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy!